What is Medical Qigong?
- It is an ancient form of Chinese energetic medicine, and is one of the four main branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), along with acupuncture, herbal medicine, and medical massage.
- Medical qigong therapy consists of treatment by a practitioner to regulate the client's qi. After the treatment the client will be given qigong prescriptions to assist in their ongoing healing. Tailored specifically to the client, medical qigong exercises use physical movement, breathing methods and mental intention to correct and restore the function in the body.
Medical Qigong For Health
- Disruptions in the electromagnetic energy of the body occur throughout our lifetime as a result of poor diet, sedentary lifestyle, injuries, surgery, suppression of emotions, and aging.
- The goal of qigong is to correct these bio-energetic imbalances and blockages. This enables the body to strengthen and regulate the internal organs, the nervous system and the immune system, relieve pain, regulate hormones, and strengthen and release deep-seated emotions and stress.
- Like any other system of health care, qigong is not a panacea but a highly effective health care practice. Many health care professionals recommend qigong as an important form of complementary and alternative medicine.
A clinic in Middletown, Rhode Island that offers acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and medical Qigong.